Youth Empowerment and Success Hawaii
YES Hawaii has officially closed on December 31, 2019. Please see more info below.
Youth Empowerment & Success Hawaii (YES Hawaii) provides peer support and outreach services to youth and young adults aged 14-26 who have had involvement with the child welfare system. The program is statewide and events are held in Oahu, Maui, Kauai East Hawaii and West Hawaii. The program is youth driven and designed to engage foster youth in Hawaii in peer mentoring and meaningful and supportive events and activities.
Keith KuboyamaPRESIDENT & CEO
Jennifer CarterYES Hawaii Program Manager
With the end of Family Programs Hawaii’s YES Program on December 31, 2019. I would like to thank Jasmin for her years of service. Jasmin join the FPH team three years ago after graduating with her BA in Sociology from UH Hilo. She has been a great asset to the East Hawaii office as well as the Big Island youth.
Starting something new requires faith, persistence, and motivation. Jasmin, you have it all along with a heart of GOLD. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors. Thank you for your continued support to Hawaii’s youth and families.
Youth Participating in Events Annually
Percentage of Health & Wellness Events
Holiday Events for Foster Youth in Hawaii
YES Hawaii Goals:
- Prepare youth for successful adulthood
- Give youth a positive forum to build life-long peer relationships with other foster youth
- Give youth an opportunity to be mentors and leaders
- Enhance the safety net for foster youth in Hawaii that have limited family support
- Help youth feel they are not alone and there are people helping them to succeed in Hawaii
Statewide services to support youth and young adults in Hawaii include:
• Peer mentoring to create positive peer relationships
• Events and activities to encourage healthy socialization
• Leadership and skill-building tools to develop useful life skills
• Social media and other electronic communications training