Project Visitation was created by the State of Hawaii First Circuit Family Court and the Hawaii State Department of Human Services (DHS) to provide monthly visits and special events for siblings separated by the foster care system. Project Visitation seeks to minimize the trauma of family separation by preserving sibling relationships through visits.
Dayna Schultz, PsyD
Average number of sibling visits per year
Referred families are offered sibling visits
Sponsored events per year including Camp Connections
• Working with the Hawaii State Department of Health Services to receive referrals of separated siblings in the Hawaii Foster Care System.
• Informational meetings with all resource parents prior to starting program
• Matching of volunteers with participating families
• Assistance with coordinating visits as needed
• Distribution of visitation reports to social worker and GAL after each visit
• Collaborating with community organizations to provide 5 annual events and activities for sibling groups to attend, which includes our annual 3-day Camp Connection
• Monthly visits
• Sibling photo album
-child formerly in foster care, Hoomalu O Na Kamalii