Nau E Koho
The Choice is Mine
Nau e Koho, The Choice is Mine program guides at risk student in high school to successfully prepare for and enter postsecondary education, vocational and employment training on Oahu and East Hawaii (Big Island Hawaii).
We seek to improve the success rate of out-of-home placed foster youth graduating from high school or obtaining a GED. We want to increase the number of foster youth in Hawaii entering into higher education or vocational programs directly after high school by supporting a successful transition to independence.
Number of Youth Entering College
Number of Youth Graduating High School
Hired after attending employment training
• Independent living skills
• Vocational and educational assistance
• Career and interest exploration
• Employment training
• Setting educational or vocational goals
• Support in choosing, applying for, and enrolling in educational or vocational training
• Assistance in completing financial aid forms and scholarship applications
• Educational advising, tutoring, training, and monthly progress meetings
“Your past does not define your future; your destiny is what you make it to be.”