Hoololi Mua No Ke Ola Senior Program
“To move forward with change in growth”
Hoololi Mua No Ke Ola Senior Program (HSP) guides high school seniors in out-of-home placements to successfully prepare for and enter postsecondary education, vocational and employment training in East Hawaii (Big Island Hawaii).
We seek to improve the success rate of out-of-home placed foster youth graduating from high school or obtaining a GED. We want to increase the number of foster youth in Hawaii entering into higher education or vocational programs directly after high school by supporting a successful transition to independence.
Obtained GED/High School Diploma
Accepted to secondary education
Hired after attending employment training
• Independent living skills
• Vocational and educational assistance
• Career and interest exploration
• Employment training
• Setting educational or vocational goals
• Support in choosing, applying for, and enrolling in educational or vocational training
• Assistance in completing financial aid forms and scholarship applications
• Educational advising, tutoring, training, and monthly progress meetings
Your past does not define your future; your destiny is what you make it to be.”