Enhancing the lives of youth in foster care who have been abused or neglected.
Enhancement grants are available to improve and enhance the lives of children in foster care or children who have been abused or neglected. Activities and items funded can include tutors, summer school tuition, self-esteem programs such as sports, dance, scouting, martial arts, music, special events (proms, graduation, travel), and special projects such as back to school items.
Youth Enhancement per year
In after school activities
In extracurricular activities
• Is placed by a Hawaii state agency in a kinship, foster, respite, guardianship, permanent custody or adoptive family (Geist Foundation)
• Have been abused, neglected, abandoned, or lived in a home where abuse has occurred (Hughes Trust)
• Under the age of 18 (Hughes Trust) or under 21 if still in high school (Geist Foundation)
• Resides in Hawaii
• Be in need of financial assistance
• We work with the social workers, foster families, and/or other professionals involved
Teresa F. Hughes Trust
“Without your help my foster grandkids would never have been able to experience the excitement of a plane ride, much less Disneyland. They have been neglected for so long and just to see them so happy makes me feel good.” – Foster Grandparent