Enhancing the lives of youth who are at risk, in foster care, or have been abused or neglected
Enhancement grants are available to improve and enhance the lives of children in foster care or children who have been abused or neglected. Activities and items funded can include tutors, summer school tuition, self-esteem programs such as sports, dance, scouting, martial arts, music, special events (proms, graduation, travel), and special projects such as back to school items.
Due to the quarantine conditions during the pandemic in 2020, we have given out $77,000 to children and youth in foster care to obtain technology for their on-line education.
April Lum, MSW
Annual Number of Youth Enhancements
Dollars In After School Activities
Dollars in Extracurricular Acivities
• Is placed by a Hawaii state agency in a kinship, foster, respite, guardianship, permanent custody or adoptive family (Geist Foundation)
• Have been abused, neglected, abandoned, or lived in a home where abuse has occurred (Hughes Trust)
• Under the age of 18 (Hughes Trust) or under 21 if still in high school (Geist Foundation)
• Resides in Hawaii
• Be in need of financial assistance
• To secure enhancement funds for youth who qualify
• We work with the social workers, foster families, and/or other professionals involved
How to Apply for Enhancements
To apply for enhancements, you must be a Social Worker or Guardian Ad Litum (GAL). Applications filled out by others will not be accepted. Please fill out the online form by clicking the button below or use this form.
Voices from our Families
– Foster Grandparent