Family Programs Hawaiiʻs Family Strengthening Center is holding a Child Maltreatment Certification training for CWS, community partners and First Responders (law enforcement, EMS, HFD) to receive an intensive two-day (October 4-5) training on child maltreatment.
Through funding by the Hawaii Chamber of Commerce, we are able to extend to you scholarships for 2 attendees from each Hawaii Specialty Court. However, we would need confirmation of attendance by 09/12/2023.
The goal of the program is to enhance expertise in child maltreatment and providing a trauma-informed approach in interacting with children and their families in a time of crisis or when maltreatment/exposure to domestic violence has occurred.
- Experts in the area of child maltreatment share information on the identification and management of child maltreatment
- Opportunity to establish network within the community
- Steven Choy, PhD – Clinical Psychologist
- Ret. Judge Uale – Ret. Family Court Judge
- Kathleen Durante, MD – Pediatrician
Discussion & InsightsMALTREATMENT Identifying signs of Physical, Medical, Sexual, Psychological Abuse & Neglect and impact on youth RISK MANAGEMENT Addressing child maltreatment in the community and how to assess for risk factors TRAUMA-INFORMED Trauma-informed care treatment and assessment
CostFREE All fees covered by our generous sponsor Hawaii Chamber of Commerce Registration Deadline is September 12, 2023
*attendance is by invitation only
Who is this for?
- Child Welfare Services
- Social workers
- First responders – law enforcement, EMS, HFD
- Teachers, school counselors
- Those who work professionally with children and youth
- Community parnters
*attendance is by invitation only from FPH/FSC, DHS, DOH, Oahu Schools, HFD, HPD
Workshop Date & Time
October 4-5, 2023
Wednesday – Thursday
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
45-5500 Kionaole Road
Kaneohe, HI 96744
Post Training Survey
All fees covered by our generous sponsor, the Hawaii Chamber of Commerce