This new program targets foster youth interested in attending college or vocational training. eXcel initially concentrates on career and interest exploration, establishing goals, and learning basic independent skills. Support will be provided in the application process and completing financial aid and scholarship applications. Ongoing support will be provided throughout their college or vocational program.
Eligibility: Current and former foster youth on O‘ahu considering higher education.
- Career and interest exploration
- Instruction in personal management and general social skills
- Increase and build upon identified strengths
- Support and guidance in preparation for further academic and vocational training at a post-secondary facility
- Support in choosing, applying, and enrolling in educational or vocational training programs
- Assistance in completing financial aid forms and scholarship applications
- Assistance with advocacy for appropriate accommodations and modifications, as needed
- Improve upon basic skills, study habits, and time management
- Monitor academic performance, educational advising, tutoring, training, and provide regular monthly contacts
Victoria S. and Bradley L. Geist Foundation
Download the eXcel Referral Form and return the completed form to your social worker.
“After completing my first semester of college I have learned a lot. Not only do I feel like a more educated individual, but I also feel more confident going into the ‘real world’.”
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/fph/public_html/www.familyprogramshawaii.org/web/content/wp-content/themes/family/footer.php on line 85