Provides social work services to find the best adoptive home for a child in Hawaii.
Wendy’s Wonderful Kids offers proactive, child-focused recruitment of adoptive families for children who have been placed in long-term foster care. Sponsored by the Dave Thomas Foundation, this unique program provides intensive social work services to find the best adoptive home for a child by exploring all facets of the child’s family, school, and friendship circles, as well as recruiting families from the broader community.
• Increase the number of foster children placed with loving, adoptive or guardianship families in Hawaii
• Develop supportive and warm relationships with children waiting to be adopted/legal guardianship
• Provide information and resources to prospective and adoptive/guardianship parents
• Increase community awareness of foster care adoption
• Streamline the adoption process
• Improve the quality of life for children in the permanent care of the Hawaii
• State Department of Human Services by providing a “forever” family in Hawaii