All families who provide care for children from the Hawaii State Department of Human Services Child Welfare System. This includes foster, guardianship, adoptive, permanent custodial, respite and kinship families.
Warm Line offers information, referrals, and non emergency telephone or email support
• 808 545-1130 (Oahu); 1-866-545-0882 (Toll free on Neighbor Islands)
• Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
• Statewide Resource Manuals list helpful agencies and programs
• Care to Share project connects resource families with needed items that are donated by the community
Monthly Support Groups provide networking and sharing of information and resources.
• Current groups include Central Oahu, Wai‘anae (Oahu), Windward (Oahu), Hilo (Island of Hawai‘i), Kona (Island of Hawai‘i), Lihue (Kauai), and Wailuku (Maui)
• Child care and food are provided
Ongoing Training made available by a network of community agencies and resources
• Quarterly Trainings are offered on Oahu, Island of Hawai‘i, Maui, and
• Annual Conference for Resource Families is held throughout the state
• Alternative training options are available, such as DVD lending library and access to online training
Hawaii State Department of Human Services